Salsa Dan Dan
Inspired by one of the most famous of Sichuan street foods Dan Dan Mian. This spicy condiment is creamy, crunchy, and packed with flavours. You can top on crispy pork or rice.
What it goes great with:
Best way is to just simply stir everything together with a pair of chopsticks to coat your noodles with a bit of everything and slurp! The numbing, smoky, spicy sauce will sizzle your taste buds, leaving you craving for more.
Ingredients: Vegetable oil, Peanut, Sesame seeds, Mala pepper, Dried chilli pepper, Vinegar, Chinese wine, Soy sauce, Sugar, Dried mushroom, Preserved radish, Preserved black bean.
Recipe suggestion (For 2):
- 200g - lean ground pork (or meat alternative)
- 2tbsp - vegetable oil
- 2 pcs - spring onion, finely sliced into rings
- 8tbsp - Tropic Thunders Salsa Dan Dan
- 2 portions - Cooked noodles of your choice. (To garnish: toasted sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, steamed bok choy)
- Heat a wok until medium hot
- Add meat or meat alternative and fry until cooked
- Add half of the green onion, remove from heat
- In a serving bowl pour in the Salsa Dan Dan, add cooked noodles and top with meat. Garnish as you like - mix and enjoy!